Friday, November 27, 2009

First day working on circus Morongo

Circus Morongo


Kids I played with


Adhara and I in our costumes and makes up



Pratice makes master

















big crowd of excited young ones







Proud circus boy posing after show








I was invited to come with circus Morongo to a place called Belterra yesterday ( 26th november)
The occation was a company that works with mobil signals ( VIVO ) and Ericsson had put an atenna here. Since Saude e Alegria and Circus Morongo is famous they was brouth in to make show, give away some free phones, do some comercial , entertain and make the audience feel joyfull and happy.
The circus had practised on our rutines and shows, but everyone knewed that there was going to be a lot of waiting before it was our turn.

I went with a minivan from the office in Santarem to Belterra. And got there about four o clock in the afternoon. A circus tent was allready put up and people worked with sound and lights, amongst other preparations.
Some kids is doing acrobatics close by. I walk up to them, check them out a little, before I step up and show some break dance. Two young guys do various acrobatics, flips and stuff. I show some of the things I can do. I can not say who is the better of ous, because we do diffrent things. I could do something they could not, and opposite to. for my part the several rounds of flic-flac and backflip as one kid did, is cooler than me spinning on one hand and do side flip.
I told him to keep up the practise and become a master when he got older.

Later a bunch of younger kids wanted to play with a beachball our group had brought. I play with them for a while. For me this feels good, even thought it is still hours to the cirkus starts.
More and more of the sircus group comes, and when all is here we did one last practice before we put on costumes and make up. There are lots of people there and severall tv team, newreporters, and people dokumenting this event. Sererall People intervjued us, took photos and filmed
The clown makes many shows and more and more kids gather around.
My girl, our group and I is still waiting, while someone plays local music.
One kid comes up to me and ask what is my job.
Hehehe, ¨ I am ballerina ¨ I say in a joking way, and do some jumps sideways on one feet with the other one going out. Then do clownish pirrueit and jumps on the other feel back. The young one and all the other ones around laugh.
My girl and I Laugh also as I look kind of funny in this tight outfit and facepaint.
Later while the music still is going and the clowns do some activities for the kids, Adhara grab my hands and say¨lets go danse in the middle! ¨
The music is of a genre very typical from this region. My girlfriend have very good rythm and can sving her body very nice to this , me and my gringo feet have no clue how to move but do a my best (or worst) This makes all the kids laugh.
Then Adhara says lets do the hoolahoop. ( the hoolahoop is selfmade, just one stiff waterhoose, bent into a sircel and taped together, spraypainted by Adhara and me)
Hehehe, I remember how ridicilously I felt practising this the evening before, but are up for joking.
I go first so she being the good one can look even better after me.
I start to spinn it around my body, swinging and shaking, making it go round and round my body.
This made the kids laugh even harder. HEHEHE, but I did it better than ever before.
Ahara had made a big phonemodell og cardboard before this event. And the clowns now user this for one joke.
When it finally is our turn to do the show. ( the whole group, consisting of almost 20 persons of diffrent sizes, lengths, and nationalities) now with various customs and makeup, ready to do diffrent tricks and skills.
We for a line, but the place we are supposed to do show is now heavily overcrowded with kids and young ones. WE have to try many times to make them mover back. It dit not help to much, and in the end we just make the best out of it....
Chief clown reminds the importance of eyecontacts and big smiles.
Our rutine is happy, dansing, making funny bodymovements to livly music, tehn some clowns do something funny, then someone juggle with balls, or other things, I walk on my hand and jump from hands back to feets. Adhara spin her hoolahoop, we make some pyramids. Witch means to climb ub and stand on my shoulders, and go down and stand on my thighs leaning foreward, while I lean backwards. More do this next to each other, and together we make a pyramid.
Some one juggle, some one do clown, everyone smiles and dances happy together.
We hold hands and bow two times.
All in all alot of waiting for a very short moment of show. And on the smalest space of doing show the circus ever have seen.

Then in the end Adhara and I did fire danse. first her, the me, then together, then me again.
It was very nice to do this together!
Fire is heat and passion, and together we were hot.
Lots of applaus and sheering from the crowd when we finished.
And the day felt complete.
Adhara and I kissed each other, and the whole group congratulated each other for good job.
The highlight was one little girl came running up to us and gave first Adhara then I a hug.
That really warmed my heart.
Then we packed and drove home.

Back hoome in Alter we took a shower and went to the finest hotel here, where Ericsson had invited to a very nice dinner buffet.
As we ate delicious food, had good drink and dessert I realized something:

¨not every one has a day like this on their first day of circus ¨






















1 comment:

  1. my dear brother, it is so good to see you in this light. when i looked at adhara, i saw a woman that could be a queen in your life. me and johnny and hans and ryan are here in SF doing our thing. we miss you very much, mad love. One.

    ReplyDelete