Friday, November 27, 2009

Projecto Saude e Alegria ( project Health and Happiness) And me

Yesterday (26th november) I had my first experience working on a cirkus.
Of course there is a story behind this.
My girl friends father have started a project called: Saude e Alegria = Health and happyniess.
It is a well know project that for many years have done very good things for this part of Amazonas. They have a circus . ( Mocorongo ), but it is an educational cirkus. They go around to many small river comunities with their boat ABARÈ. On board is proffetional doctors, dentist, people that work to improve the comunities, and the circus Mocorongo.
They teach the kids, youth, grown ups and elders about many things. Hygine, brushing teeths. prevantions, ( condoms ), to clean the drinking water with clorine, and much more.
I honestly do not know to much myself, but hear so many great things about this project from everyone I speak to.
They have made toilets, water cleaning stations, given some places radio and internet comunications.
In every single comunity they first have a counsil, discuss what is the problems there. Some one from Saude e Alegria try to find solutions. ( Because they also have many people working in a office in Santa Rem (closest city to where I live) The circus makes schools, for jugling, stilts, trapés, clowns and much much more. and also make jokes and educational shows about the problem that is relative in each place.
My girlfriend Adhara have been working with this project for a long time. I have been to the office several times, read information, met nice people and also used free internet.
She have went on a couple of trips while I have known her. something that has been very good for our relationship. Away from each other we have gotten the chance to miss each other, think and send good thoughts in both directions, being patience and looking foreward to see each other again.
Circus Morongo started having classes in Santa Rem, in a nice open space.
I went there last week, with the plan to just see, but sudenly I was in the middle of it.

It all comes very naturall. I am energic, happy, colorful person. with fairly strong and fleksible body. I love to joke and play. I still practise acrobatics and many people ( specially customers in my old work) have seen me more upside down, standing on one hand or walking on two, than normal. With interrest for break-danse and capoiera I ahve learned some cool tricks. And during travels in Asia I picked up fire dancing. Something I later worked with proffetionaly in China. As the foreign talent I have seen all parts of china clublife working for Carlsberg, Coors light, Chevas Regal and more, doing fire, breakdanse and more on stages for crowds.

And to work with the woman I love, her cool and funny group for the Children in Amazonas, is ALL GOOD TO ME. So here I am, Circus Boy. About to tell you all the story of my first performance and one cool day.

under is a link to projecto saude e alegria. All info in portugese but some nice photos

http://www.saudeealegria.org.com

No comments:

Post a Comment